Daily Bites of Global Strong Cities Cold War:#8,Betrayed by a Friend

Image result for Global Strong Cities Cold War



Global Strong Cities Cold War:

 PEARL LEONA STURGIS·SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 19, 2016 

Personal testimony of Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) Chief Assistant Robert Vernon. This is a testimony of how admitting his faith ended his 38 year career in LAPD. Christian Crusade news vol. 41, April 1993

 Daily Bites of Global Strong Cities Cold War.
#8 Betrayed by a Friend: 

Image result for Robert Vernon’s 38 years with the LAPD

Former LAPD Assistant Chief Robert Vernon
Personal Testimony of LAPD Chief Assistant Robert Vernon
Betrayed by a Friend: 


I did not want to file a lawsuit over these false accusations costing me my 38 year career. It often takes years and the only winners are the attorneys but after reading the letter to the editor of sarcasm the thought hit me that I would be guilty of standing by while this major erosion of rights took place. Here is the letter by James Maguire:

“Yes, by all means, let’s investigate Assistant Chief Vernon’s religious beliefs and use them as a weapon against him! We must purge Los Angeles of this too prevalent belief in the existence of God. After we remove christendom from city government we can get to work on the greater task of purging our citizens of it. I recommend a law to require christians to wear large yellow crosses on their clothing so we can see them from a safe distance, lest their pernicious documents of love and forgiveness and salvation disrupt our prize independence and self realization. 

Then after we round them up and put them safely away we can take a look at the Jews among us!” There were many surprises in my journey. I had not expected to find inspiration in the Los Angeles Times who had printed the first attack on me. I certainly could not have foreseen who would emerge as my detractors. My faith also came under attack by those who were appointed to investigate the “Rodney King” beating. 

I was deeply hurt by the testimony of Jesse Brewer. I had known Brewer for many years and enjoyed working with him. He had reported to me in his role of Deputy Chief. I had recommended he be promoted to Assistant Chief to be one of my peers and I was delighted when Chief Gates did so. My wife and I honored him in our home at our annual Christmas Party. I thought we had mutual respect. Here is Brewer’s testimony:

“Chief Vernon is the head of the “God Squad” as we call it. To move ahead you must be a christian fundamentalist!” They apparently thought it was appropriate to identify officers on the basis of their religious beliefs. Brewer further stated he thinks Vernon should be fired because his beliefs are an obstacle to his job. “Deeply hurt” can not describe my reaction to Jesse Brewer’s testimony against me.

Brewer met with a staff lawyer the day before his testimony, unlike the other witnesses. Weeks later Mayor Tom Bradley to the Police Commission. The reference he made to “The God Squad” I took as a religious slur. 


Image result for Global Strong Cities Cold War:
(to be continued)

#9 Thought Control:
To be Continued in the Next Daily Bites of  Global Strong Cities Cold  War.


Related image

Don't forget to follow the Friends Of Liberty on Facebook and our Page also Pinterest , Twitter , tumblr and Google Plus PLEASE help spread the word by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.


Friends Of Liberty is a non-partisan, non-profit organization with the mission to protect and defend individual freedoms and individual rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment