Undecided voters: Readers explain why they can’t decide to vote for Barack Obama or Mitt Romney.








Mitt Romney may have hacked my email. A week ago, I asked undecided voters to write me at slatepolitics@gmail.com to explain themselves and their situation. I got about 200 thoughtful responses. (I welcome more, though supplies are going fast.) The message to Romney was clear: run as a malleable moderate from Massachusetts who isn’t passionate about implementing a conservative social agenda, will promote a foreign policy that is not too different from President Obama's, and keep your distance from the Republican Congress. As the campaign comes to an end, Romney has fully embraced those first two pieces of advice, and by never really campaigning with GOP congressional leaders and recasting Paul Ryan, is doing a version of the third. Cont. Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment