DYNAMICS BETWEEN THE MILITARY AND COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF





Prior to the Inaugural in 2008, I flew to Atlanta to visit my girlfriend, Adrienne and family.   After an enjoyable week of caring for and bonding with my newborn godson, we stopped for brunch in mid-town Atlanta, where I noticed a newstand.  Each major newspaper featured Barack Hussein Obama's face on the front page.  This is really happening.  Having already researched everything I could find on the relatively unknown candidate, who would soon be sworn in as Commander-in-Chief, I felt deep sadness and concern over America's choice.  It was as if this "magic man" was going to fulfill every wish of the needy, especially the sizeable ethnic population in Atlanta. 

Immediately upon arriving at the airport, I was directed to a lengthy security line on the far right of all the crowded security "check points".  After a 20 minute wait, it was my turn to be patted down.  What were the odds of me needing a pat down and purse search?!  Being rather unimposing, I couldn't understand how I was being put through this terrible imposition.  "Get over it, refocus and head on over to the terminal to wait for your plane", I told myself, "this is happening because of the terrorist attacks on 09.11.01".

I made it to the gate to find a CNN news crew with cameras, reporting LIVE on the Inaugural and they were interviewing several passengers waiting at the gate.  I noticed a dozen or so soldiers toward the back of the area who were homebound after their tour of duty.  I approached them, mainly to thank them for their service to our nation.  Here were 12 heroes (in my opinion) and CNN barely looked their way, I reminded myself, they're on active duty and cannot say much anyway.  The soldiers were hungry after a 10 hour flight, both for food, but also for interaction with civilians.  We conversed and laughed and I asked them if "camel spiders really exist", each of them having actually encountered one, of course.  One pulled an arm patch out of his wallet to show me.  It had been pierced by shrapnel, but he lived to tell about it and smiled as he shared his miraculous story of survival.

The television at the gate was tuned into the Inaugural Ceremony about to air.  I faced the screen, observing body language and posturing of the soldiers.  Most of them sat with their backs to the screen, in an obvious show of contempt for what was about to take place.  They loved President George W. Bush.  They weren't too sure about the idea of a new and inexperienced POTUS committed to overturn the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy.  Sour faces.  Obviously, disinterested in what was an historical Inaugural Ceremony.  Whispering.  I sympathized with them and noted CNN ignored them completely.  This was the beginning stage of the media's blatant support and undying allegiance to President Obama.

FORWARD to 2012.  We're five days away from election day and I've diligently worked via fb to expose truths about the President, given so many still seem to be under his spell and the lack of responsible reporting by the main stream media, which I abandoned long ago for Fox News.  Friends I've known for 30+ years refuse to accept any information that may enlighten them, i.e. "2016 Obama's America", now circulating on the web (at no cost, I might add), thousands of articles and videos, and in some cases free videos via mail like "Obsession:  Radical Islams War Against the West", "Dreams from My Real Father", by Joel Gilbert and "Future of Freedom" compliments of Citizen's United.

I came across the attached video recently and will close with a request.  Pray our country sorts this out and quickly and unseats the POTUS, who is failing us at every opportunity.  We all need to band together and demand to know what really happened in Benghazi, Libya.  The media and President Obama cannot continue stonewalling us.  God bless you and God bless America and those who fight to defend her!!





2 comments:

  1. Great fisrt post Pam, hope to see more of this ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Richard. I wondered whether it made it into the feed. Thanks for confirming and again, thank you for inviting me to participate, friend.

      Delete