Since you are not smart enough to determine what is fake news on your own, Mark Zuckerberg is going to do it for you. Here is his plan to censor the alt. media
Since you are not smart enough to determine what is fake news on your own, Mark Zuckerberg is going to do it for you. You can thank him later.
Zuckerberg has developed a 7-point plan, which looks like a war on conservatives to me. Vague and arbitrary, like all things facebook, Zuckerberg vows to rely on “our community” and Snopes to weed out fake news.
Wonderful! Snopes is a leftist tool! They called an article I wrote a year ago FALSE, even though it was completely true. I have had other problems with Snopes calling article FALSE that are completely true. Link to an article I wrote on Snopes two weeks ago…. Snopes is a steaming pile of lying dogshit!
What the world needs is an honest, unbiased alternative to fascistbook. There is a startup that looks like it is going to do well. The url is gab.ai. They took off quickly. Look for Thomas Madison when you sign up. They have been so busy it may take a day or two to get the account approved and set up.
In the meantime, here is Zuckerberg’s latest attempt to lead the alt media around by its collective nose….
A lot of you have asked what we’re doing about misinformation, so I wanted to give an update.
Historically, we have relied on our community to help us understand what is fake and what is not. Anyone on Facebook can report any link as false, and we use signals from those reports along with a number of others — like people sharing links to myth-busting sites such as Snopes — to understand which stories we can confidently classify as misinformation. Similar to clickbait, spam and scams, we penalize this content in News Feed so it’s much less likely to spread.
The problems here are complex, both technically and philosophically. We believe in giving (liberal)people a voice, which means erring on the side of letting people share what they want whenever possible. We need to be careful not to discourage sharing of opinions or to mistakenly restrict accurate content. We do not want to be arbiters of truth ourselves, but instead rely on our (liberal) community and trusted third parties.
While the percentage of misinformation is relatively small, we have much more work ahead on our roadmap. Normally we wouldn’t share specifics about our work in progress, but given the importance of these issues and the amount of interest in this topic, I want to outline some of the projects we already have underway:
– Stronger detection. The most important thing we can do is improve our ability to classify misinformation. This means better technical systems to detect what people will flag as false before they do it themselves.
– Easy reporting. Making it much easier for people to report stories as fake will help us catch more misinformation faster.
– Third party verification. There are many respected fact checking organizations and, while we have reached out to some, we plan to learn from many more.
– Warnings. We are exploring labeling stories that have been flagged as false by third parties or our community, and showing warnings when people read or share them.
– Related articles quality. We are raising the bar for stories that appear in related articles under links in News Feed.
– Disrupting fake news economics. A lot of misinformation is driven by financially motivated spam. We’re looking into disrupting the economics with ads policies like the one we announced earlier this week, and better ad farm detection.
– Listening. We will continue to work with journalists and others in the news industry to get their input, in particular, to better understand their fact checking systems and learn from them.
Some of these ideas will work well, and some will not. But I want you to know that we have always taken this seriously, we understand how important the issue is for our community and we are committed to getting this right.
Don't forget to follow the Friends Of Liberty on Facebook and our Page also Pinterest , Twitter , tumblr and Google Plus PLEASE help spread the word by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.
Friends Of Liberty is a non-partisan, non-profit organization with the mission to protect and defend individual freedoms and individual rights.