Twelve Daily Bites of Slaying the Giant:#6, Psalms of Comfort

Image result for Slaying the Giant

PEARL LEONA STURGIS·TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2016
Twelve Daily Bites of Slaying the Giant:

1) Making an Impact: 2) Food for the Mind and Heart: 3) Finding the Root of the Problem: 4) The Shepherd and the Lost Sheep 5) A Basic Overview: 6) Psalms of Comfort: 7) The Good Samaritan  Making a Difference 9) Being a Mentor 10) Power of Small things: 11) Resources: 12) Warning Signs and Contacts: SharedHope.org

Image result for sharedhope

 Psalms of Comfort :
 SharedHope.org

Many Psalms seems to fit the distress experienced by a person trapped in sexual exploitation. These Psalms can be used for prayer with a victim of sex trafficking. Note especially Psalm 10, 140, and 142. Psalm 10:1-18: “O Lord, why stand far off in times of trouble? The wicked persecute the poor. Let them be taken in the devices they have imagined. 

The wicked blesses the covetousness the Lord hates! Through pride the wicked will not seek God. God is not in his thoughts. His ways are grievous. He puffs at all his enemies. He has said in his heart that he will never be moved. His mouth is full of cursing, deceit and fraud. He speaks mischief and vanity. He sets in secret places and murders his enemies. His eyes are set against the poor. 

He draws the poor in his net. He has said in his heart God has forgotten. The poor commits himself to God and God is his helper. God will seek out the wicked. The Lord is King and the heathen are perished out of His Land. The Lord has heard the desire of the humble. 

He will prepare their heart and cause them to hear and judge the fatherless and the oppressed that the man of the earth may no more oppress.” Psalm 140: “Deliver me, O Lord, from the evil man. Save me from the violent man. Continually they gather for war. Keep me from the hands of the wicked. Let not an evil speaker be established in the earth. I know that the Lord will maintain the cause of the afflicted and the right of the poor.

” Psalm 142: “I poured out my complaint before the Lord and I showed Him my trouble. My spirit was overwhelmed within me. I looked on my right hand but there was no one. Refuge failed me. I cried unto the Lord. I am brought very low. Deliver me from my persecutors that are stronger than I. Bring my soul out of prison that I may praise Thy Name. The righteous shall compass me about for God has dealt bountifully with me.”

Related image


Don't forget to follow the Friends Of Liberty on Facebook and our Page also Pinterest , Twitter , tumblr and Google Plus PLEASE help spread the word by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.


Friends Of Liberty is a non-partisan, non-profit organization with the mission to protect and defend individual freedoms and individual rights.



 SharedHope.org (unquote) PLSturgis: This is a little booklet I received in the mail which I would like to share with you daily to make an impact for these children.

Image result for sharedhope

(to be continued)
  The Good Samaritan:
To be Continued in the Next Daily Bites of Slaying the Giant:

No comments:

Post a Comment