Preparing a Room for Christ‏





by Michelle Fritz
Catholic Stand


It is like it happened yesterday, even though 4 long years have passed since that fateful December day. If I allow myself, I can see the faces, smell the air, and feel the panic that filled my heart. The nurse’s words echo in my ears, “Sit down, we have no room for you.” Pain fills my heart in a way that is indescribable. I wondered if I would get through the nightmare that I experienced while losing William. I don’t allow myself to go to this place very often. It’s a dark place, a lonely place.
It wouldn’t be until later that I would think of the similarities between the Holy Family’s and our experience. Over and over again, we were told at the hospital that there was no room for us; over and over again we pleaded for help, not just for me but more so for our baby boy. I can picture Joseph and Mary pleading as well for their baby boy only to be turned away as there was no room for them either. I can feel their worry and their distress. I felt it too, as we were turned away time and time again. Mary, heavy with child, had to feel alone. Even though she was carrying God’s child, I’m sure she wondered where He was and why they were facing so many difficulties. 
While I’ve written on this before, time has since passed and the hurt isn’t so overwhelming all the time. I can look at our experiences and try to take away something more from them. Instead of focusing solely on the hurt and the despair, I can look at the healing and the hope. I can look at how the experience of losing William helped prepare a bigger place within my heart for Christ to reside.
Michelle is a cradle Catholic, married to her high school sweetheart Mike for the last 22 years. She is an ecletic homeschooling mom of 11 children. In addition to her children on earth she is a mother to 12 saints in heaven. She is active in the prolife community and is dedicated to protecting all children, both born and unborn. Michelle is a regular writer at Catholic Sistas, a website dedicated to sharing the truths of our faith through personal stories and article that stress adherence to the teachings of the Church. She loves Apologetics and learning all she can about our beautiful Catholic faith.


No comments:

Post a Comment