Your Daily Bread for Life...

Your Daily Bread for Life.
 American Bible Society, Recopied from 1830: 

Bible in School by Benjamin Rush---The youngest signer of the Constitution. 

Dear Sir:



It is now several months since I promised to give you my reasons for preferring the Bible as a school book to all other compositions. Before I state my arguments I shall assume the five following propositions: 



1) christianity is the only true and perfect religion and as mankind adopts its principles and obeys its concepts they will be well and happy.



2) that a better knowledge of religion is to be aspired by reading the Bible than any other way. 

3) The Bible contains more knowledge necessary to man in his present state than any other book in the world. 

4) That knowledge is most durable and religious instruction most useful when imparted early in life. 

5) That the Bible, when not read in school, is seldom read in any subsequent period in life. My arguments in favor of the use of the Bible as a school book are founded in the Constitution of the human mind. with great respect,


 I am Benjamin Rush (unquote) Benjamin Rush 1745-1813 The rest of his letter I placed in “Pilgrim's Path to Freedom Volume 2 pages 7 to 15, PLS









Don't forget to follow the Friends Of Liberty on Facebook and our Page also Pinterest , Twitter. PLEASE help spread the word by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.





No comments:

Post a Comment