Obamacare Drives Up Other Costs




The Republicans appear to be all for full repeal of Obamacare. They make speeches and appear on talking head shows bemoaning the new healthcare law, insisting it has to go. Nothing else will suffice but full repeal.

 It makes for a great “conservative” soundbite, but that’s all it is. For now, full repeal is a pipe dream.
 Knowing that the call for full repeal is simply a soundbite those few true conservatives have had to once again step up to the plate and lead.
 Sen. Mike Lee has proposed defunding Obamacare. That sounds simple enough. After all, Congress does control the purse strings.
 However, this idea is evidently too radical for our spineless Republican leadership due to their overwhelming fear of the dreaded “government shut down”.
 Meanwhile the president and the Democrats continue to insist that Obamacare is a good thing and will actually save us money. I give them props for boldness – boldness in the face of obvious truths.
 On ObamacareFacts.com, it clearly states that Obamacare does not increase insurance premiums directly. In a way, they’re right. There is no mandate to raise insurance rates. That is left to the discretion of the individual insurance companies, to either raise rates or grow broke. It’s their choice. The site’s argument is that rate increases will be curbed when the law is fully implemented next year.
 Well, the insurance companies know this and know they must raise their rates now while they can in an attempt to stay viable in the future.
 This is why we see health insurance rates skyrocketing in states all over the Union. Washington states rates are expected to rise between 34 and 80%, Florida: 30 to 40%. Georgia expects increases of upwards of 198%. Indiana estimates a 72% increase and Ohio, 41%.
 The low information twenty-something crowd of Obama supporters is in for a surprise when they discover they will be paying 100% more (on average) than their elderly counterparts. Surprise!
 But the Obamacare law is not only affecting our direct healthcare costs. If you haven’t discovered it yet, you soon will.
 This past weekend I received my auto insurance renewal. I opened the envelope and saw something I didn’t expect. My auto insurance premium increased by 20%.
 I’m pretty plugged in to all this stuff, but I must admit, I didn’t connect the dots.
 Figuring it must be a clerical error, I called my insurance carrier. I explained my spotless record to the representative; the fact that I am a year older as is my car, yet my premium was jacked up. He explained the increase was due to a sharp rise in the medical insurance rider and auto repair costs.
 That’s when the light went on! Obamacare is also driving up auto insurance rates.
 I called the dealership that does work on my car and spoke with the owner. He explained he would either have to lay people off or raise the labor rates for repairs, thanks to… you got it… Obamacare.

So when you start to see increased costs across a full spectrum of goods and services, you can thank Obama, the Democrats and the jerk Republicans who are too stupid and too spineless to defund this ruinous law


No comments:

Post a Comment