Your Daily Bread for Life...

Your Daily Bread for Life.
Washington’s Prayer:

Read From George Washington’s Journal recopied by Steven Reese, Shelter Rock Ministries...”Battle Cry!”

 Almighty God and most merciful Father who did command the children of Israel to offer a daily sacrifice of praise to Thee that they might glorify Thee for Thy protection both night and day. Receive, O Lord, my morning sacrifice I offer to Thee.

I yield Thee my humble and hearty thanks that /thou hast preserved me from the danger of the nights past and brought me to the light of this day and the comforts thereof. A day which is consecrated to Thine own service abd for Thine own honor. Let my heart be so affected with the glory and majesty of it that I may not do my own works but wait on Thee and discharge these weighty duties required of me. 

Since Thou art a God of pure eyes and will be sanctified in all who draw near to Thee, who does not regard the sacrifice of fools, nor hear sinners who tread in Thy courts, pardon, I beseech Thee, my sins. 



Remove them far from Thy presence, as far as from the east to the west and accept of me for Thy merits of Thy Son Jesus Christ that when I come into Thy temple and compass Thine altar my prayer may come before Thee as incense and as You hear me calling upon You in my prayer, so give me grace to hear Thee calling upon me in Thy Word that it may be wisdom, righteousness, reconciliation and peace to the saving of the soul in the day of the Lord Jesus. Grant that I may hear it with reverence, receive it with meekness and mingle it with faith that it may accomplish in me, Gracious God, the good work for which Thou hast sent it. Bless my family, kindred, friends and Country.


Be our God and guide for this day and forever. For His sake who lay down in the grave and rose again for us. Jesus Christ, our Lord.


 Poem by Pearl :
When Great Men Prayed

When Great Men Prayed....At times my thoughts without control...illuminate my very soul...to bless me with a vivid dream,,,A gift of love from One Supreme, I journeyed to the past today...Two hundred freedom years away. I walked into a building there. Great men were on their knees in prayer.


"Thy mercy Lord forever stands...and Thou hast brought us to this land. May our children faithful be...for we are free to worship Thee. Make our Country true and strong. Let wealth untold to her belong. But if our children stray from Thee...cut them down that they may see. 

For iof their riches make them blind...they may not see Thy love Divine. And should Thine ordinance change through law...we know America must fall."---Yes, I was there when great men prayed. 'Twould break their hearts if I had stayed. My vivid dream turned into dust. I had to leave...I knew I must. For they would see my tear filled eyes...and feel this hurt I can't disguise.. I'm from the Bicentennial years.

We've changed the law they held so dear. America, go back with me. Our Lord can make the blind to see.. For if we fall or if we stand...depends upon God's guiding hand.



Don't forget to follow the Friends Of Liberty on Facebook and our Page also Pinterest , Twitter. PLEASE help spread the word by sharing our articles on your favorite social networks.




No comments:

Post a Comment