Working Faith


A man may work in sweat both night and day,
A beneficial fellow great in deeds.
If he does not believe Christ all the way,
He's like the Pharisee with knotty beads.
You can't have faith in Jesus and stand still,
For when He lives in you, you have to serve.
Faith is an inner truth transcending will
That's known by outer acts you can observe.
Performance may not show a faithful man,
But Godly men, in faith, don't brag or boast.
The man who says "No faith can beat my plan,"
Will die, while men of faith live past the post.
            Now show me works that faith did not begin,
            I'll show you faith by works that's born within.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~
Yea, a man may say,
Thou hast faith, and I have works:
shew me thy faith without thy works,
and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

James 2:18 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment