When I Was A Child (an Acrostic Sonnet)



When children play the point is having fun.
How simple were the days when we were young!
Effused with energy our lives were run
Not caring for mature acts, thoughts or tongue.

In time we all grow older and mature;

With age we gain responsibility.
Adults now, childish things are more obscure,
So we must now embrace utility.

A sober heart and mind are needed, too;

Christ seeks the souls who's lost frivolity. 
He needs disciples that can carry through
Instilling the Good News through colloquy.
Let children be themselves and have their play;
Depart from suckled milk when meat's the way.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"When I was a child, I spoke like a child,
I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child.
When I became a man, I put aside childish things."
1 Corinthians 13:11

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment