A Letter From A Patriot, Moral Dilemma .


Moral Dilemma Resolved


I've struggled for years tying to figure out how to vote with a clean conscience.

Why do I have a guilty conscience after I vote?

Simple! I almost always end up voting for candidates who are less than faithful to the U.S. Constitution's Bill of Rights.

Why do I vote this way?

Because unfaithful incumbents/candidates are almost always the only type of incumbents/candidates I have to choose between for the last 40+ years, that is if I was to vote at all.

Why is this such a problem for me?

Much like the oath politicians take, I likewise took an oath when entering the service, which reads, "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."

Although no longer in the military, I've never renounced this oath. So, the question that haunts me every election cycle is, "How can I bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution while simultaneously yielding to the unethical, but popular and practical political logic of voting for the lesser of two evils, knowing that virtually none of my choices will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution."

I say the lesser of two evils because 99% of the time the political process only delivers up an evil and a more evil incumbents/candidates. None of these incumbents/candidates accept the Bill of Rights as final authority when deciding which legislation they vote for and/or laws they enforce. Further, voting for the lesser of two evils has brought America to the edge of the precipice.

Thus, I generally must choose between not voting or breaking faith with my oath to bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution by voting for a people who have/will not bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution. In short, I either know or suspect that the people I voted for will pass and enforce laws that violate our rights as enumerated in the U.S. Constitution's Bill of Rights, but NO MORE!

Moral Dilemma Resolved. I will never again vote for any candidate/incumbent who supports or voted for legislation or enforced laws that abridge, infringe or in any way oppress our rights as enumerated in the U.S. Constitution's Bill of Rights. I will go to the voting place as usual, but will never again choose between who blatantly betray America and whose who subtly and/or ignorantly betray America.

This voter will forthwith only vote for faithful patriots regardless of prevailing conventional political wisdom or outcomes. Why? Because I'm resolved to returning home from the voting place with a clean conscience, comforted in the knowledge that I bore true faith and allegiance to the Constitution and the God of the Bible who inspired our founders to write it!

Semper Fi,

David L DeFrees

No comments:

Post a Comment